On Page SEO – The Best tips
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the practice of improving the ranking of a website on search engines. The higher the ranking, the more likely people are to find the site. There are two types of SEO: on page and off page. On page SEO refers to the factors on a website that influence its ranking on search engines. This includes things like the website’s content, structure, and code.
Off page SEO, on the other hand, refers to the factors that influence a website’s ranking but are not controlled by the website itself. These include things like inbound links and social media signals. In this blog post, we will be focusing on on page SEO. We will explore what it is, why it’s important, and some tips for how to improve your own on page SEO.
What is on page SEO?
On page SEO is the process of optimising a website for Google search with the goal of earning higher web traffic levels and improving the overall visibility of the site. The main focus of on-page search engine optimisation is on creating keyword-rich content that is both informative and interesting to read, as well as making sure that all of the website’s code is up to date and compliant with Google’s latest algorithms. In addition, on page SEO also involves optimising the website’s title tags, meta descriptions, and alt text to ensure that they are all relevant and keyword rich.
The Different Elements of on-page SEO
There are a few different elements that go into on-page SEO. The first is the actual content of your website. This includes things like the titles of your pages, the body copy, and any keywords or phrases you might be targeting.
The second element is your website’s code. This includes things like the title tags, meta tags, and header tags. These are all important for helping search engines understand what your website is about and how to index it properly.
The third element is your website’s design. This includes things like the layout, colour scheme, and overall user experience. While not technically part of on page SEO, a good design can help improve your website’s click-through rate, which can indirectly improve your ranking in search results pages.
All of these elements are important for optimising your website for search engines. By focusing on each of these areas, you can ensure that your website is as visible as possible to potential customers who are searching for businesses like yours online.
How to do on page SEO
On page SEO is all about optimising your website to rank higher in search engine results. Here are some tips to help you optimise your on-page SEO:
1. Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions: Keywords are important for SEO. Use them in your titles and descriptions to help your website rank higher in search results.
2. Optimise your website’s content: Make sure your website’s content is keyword-rich and informative. This will help your website rank higher in search results.
3. Use social media to promote your website: Social media can be a great way to promote your website and its content. Use social media to share your website’s content with others, and make sure to include links back to your website.
4. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly: More and more people are using their mobile devices to access the internet. Make sure your website is designed for mobile devices, so that people can easily view it no matter where they are.
5. Use Google Analytics to track your progress: Google Analytics is a free tool that can help you track your progress. By tracking your progress, you can see what’s working and what isn’t, and make changes accordingly.
On page SEO check list
1. Make sure your website is accessible to both search engines and users.
2. Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions to help improve your site’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs).
3. Structure your URLs in a way that is both user-friendly and search engine friendly.
4. Incorporate relevant keywords into your page content to help improve your site’s ranking for those terms.
5. Use alt text and title tags on images to help improve your site’s accessibility and SERP results.
6. Make sure your website’s code is clean and well-organised to help improve its crawling and indexing by search engines.
7. Use internal linking to help promote the discovery of new content on your site by search engine spiders.
8. Promote fresh, original content on your site to help encourage frequent visits from interested users and repeat crawls by search engine spiders.
On page SEO is one of the most important aspects of search engine optimisation. By optimising your website for the search engines, you can increase your chances of ranking higher in the search results and driving more traffic to your site. While there are many factors that contribute to on page SEO, some of the most important include keyword research, title tags, meta tags, and alt text. By focusing on these elements, you can make sure that your website is as optimised as possible and that you’re giving yourself the best chance to rank well in the search engines. Ask your SEO consultant for advice